Thursday, February 10, 2011

Fixing Up Our "Launch Pad"

I recently learned that the place on your home where you leave from or come home to most is known as your "launch pad". You know, where the shoes get put on/off, keys are dropped and coats are thrown on the floor hung up.

It's time to fix ours up!

We come in through our garage mostly, right through the laundry room. It's a good sized room, nothing too big, but large enough to turn around...

Here is the before:


Not too bad...but the pile of Norman's (our dog's) towels was driving me crazy. Also, I had (what I thought was billiantly at the time) created a shoe storage in our kitchen's corner. We have all learned by now my problem with clutter in the kitchen.


I went to Tar-jay this morning, after dropping Little Miss off at Preschool. I picked up a ClosetMaid DIY cubbie. I was able to put it together with the help of the Littlests...

And here is the After photo!


A Fabric cubby box for each child's shoes, hats, gloves, etc. Three open shelves for Norman's towels, etc.

I LOVE it! :)

1 comment:

Allison said...

I'm impressed with your creativity!