Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Organizing the Playroom - It's a Start!

Does your playroom taunt you like mine does?

I swear sometimes that the toys have actually learned to jump out of there assigned spaces and make a mess all by themselves. I am certain it has absolutely nothing to do with the three little maniacs that are running around this house on a daily basis, right?

Here's what the playroom looks like on a daily basis:

Pretty messy, right?

Oh, and, yeah...this is TOTALLY why we bought this house! :)

So today, as Miss Priss is playing with Play Doh and making hair for the chicken and the cow and the Littlests have tapped out for their nap, I went to work.

I grabbed some organizing bins, paper and a Sharpie. Time to label.

Does labeling things make you feel productive, too? I swear, if I could label EVERYTHING in this house, I would! (Is that a problem? ;) )

Anyway, Little Miss can't read yet, but we are working on recognizing letters and the sounds they make, so I need to have pictures on my labels, too.

Enter my uh-maze-ing artistic abilities. Don't be too jealous! Ha! Seriously, anyone want to teach me to draw?

Here's what I came up with for now:




And a couple of close-ups:


The bookshelf is one we got several years ago at Ikea (love that store!).
The bins were purchased at Wal-Mart.

And that, my dear friends, is my first step to organizing the playroom.


1 comment:

Terri said...

I love it! A great way to store all of those little things. The bins fit perfectly on that book shelf.